MR-GW is a compact Modbus RTU / Modbus TCP Gateway. The MR-Gateway enables bidirectional data exchange between Modbus RTU fieldbus devices and a Modbus TCP master (client). The MR-GW can be operated in two modes. Either as a transparent gateway in Modbus RTU over TCP mode or as a protocol converter (Modbus TCP mode). The MR-Gateway can be connected to METZ CONNECT Modbus RTU devices via two 4-pole terminals on the front of the device and a jumper plug. An integrated web server is used for parameter settings, management and monitoring of the two interfaces (Ethernet / RS485). The web interface is also used to update the firmware. The MR-Gateway is suitable for decentralised mounting in electrical sub-distribution boards or in control cabinets on TH35 mounting rails in accordance with IEC 60715.
- Mounting on a 35 mm DIN rail
- Simple integration into the LVD Board
- Simultaneous access from 32 Modbus TCP clients
- Bidirectional exchange of data between Modbus RTU Slave devices and a Modbus TCP Master (client)
- Protocol: Modbus RTU over TCP (Transparent gateway), Modbus TCP/IP v1.0b, Telnet, HTTP 1.0
- Integrated web server
- Intuitive and software-independent TCP configuration via web interface
- Simple device search of METZ CONNECT Modbus RTU devices on the RS485 bus
- Fast connection of METZ CONNECT Modbus RTU devices via proven jumper plug technology
- Galvanic 3-way isolation (RS485- Ethernet-power supply)
- Status monitoring of TCP and RS485 communication
See it in action
See below real life use cases for the Modbus MR-GW gateway, please contact us if you want to find out how to install or implement your smart compact Modbus RTU/Modbus TCP Gateway solution using the IQnexus LoRaWAN ModBus Master Transceiver.